Tuesday 14 August 2012

WANTED: partner in romantic crime!

Mmm ... good question! I did wonder if the following might work...

PARTNER IN ROMANTIC CRIME
UNIQUE, NEWLY CREATED ROLE – WOULD SUIT DASHING MEN FROM THE SOUTH EAST

ROLE PROFILE:
Applications are invited from interested parties for post of lovely boyfriend to very lovely, but slightly eccentric, lawyer with aspirations to build a fun, sensual and mutually supportive partnership! This is a newly created post – the responsibilities of which have previously been undertaken by a series of locums, leading to the development of this role profile!

Successful applicants are likely to have experience of building such partnerships but, for the right candidate, training will be given. Previous applicants need not apply!

Essential criteria:
·         Male aged 40 to 50
·         Intelligence
·         Humour, including an ability to recognize and laugh at one’s own shortcomings
·         Accomplished intellectual sparring partner
·         Self aware, with a willingness to learn from previous mistakes and improve areas of weakness
·         Ability to travel extensively at short notice for spontaneous weekends/holidays  away
·         Excellent written and oral communication skills
·         Spirited, with ability to voice one’s views in a positive and constructive fashion
·         Experience of team working, but further training can be given
·         Adequate storage facilities for baggage from previous positions
·         Sexy as hell!
Desirable criteria:
·         Successful applicant will find new ‘employer’ desirable and she will reciprocate in kind
·         Dark eyes, dark hair (for a few more years at least), although alternatives will be considered!·     .    Lives south of the Watford gap
BENEFITS:
The successful applicant will receive an outstanding package of benefits including:
·         Interesting and challenging conversation
·         An enhanced and varied social life
·         Hugs, on demand, when life gets tough
·         A lot of laughter
·         Free exercise package with an experienced and stimulating instructor
·         26 days ‘holiday’ a year where resorting to cave and caveman tendencies is permitted without recriminations!
NOTE: Island residents, considering a move to the mainland are permitted to apply!       
 
APPLICATION:                   By way of CV and Statement of Interest! Informal telephone inquiries  are welcomed. Number provided on request
INTERVIEWS:                     By way of informal interview and practical assessment!

I tried it on a 'friend' ,with whom I'd shared a brief dalliance. Well, I'm still single so clearly it didn't work on him but might be worth a try on the wider male population....maybe!

2 comments:

  1. Well Daisy after reading your blogs, you have inspired me (and that is an emotion I haven't had for a while.......so there is hope for you yet!!) to share one of my internet dating experiences.

    I started 6 months ago, full of hope, anticipation and excitement...a new beginning...after all this was the new way to meet people wasn't it?

    And at the start, it was all very encouraging, lots of views from ladies, requests to find out more.....my confidence was growing by the minute. I couldn't believe it, I would select my search criteria and "bingo" 357 women instantly available within a 10 mile radius....this was going to be a piece of cake wasn't it?

    WRONG!!! why don't women reply to my requests to chat? its not like I have two heads. What happened to common courtesy....even a "sorry but you are not the one for me" would have done.

    So with time running out on my membership and a week left on the site, I decided to change tack and alter my approach. So instead of the stealthy, carefully targeted sniper, stalking the long grass with a personalised individual message, I decided the scatter-gun approach of sending one message giving vent to my feelings and frustrations simultaneously to all women within my search criteria might find "The One".......

    WRONG AGAIN!!!.....but perhaps not the way I had imagined it. I had deliberately kept my expectations low but was completely blown away with a flood of messages...literally hundreds from women all over the country. I quickly decided I had to reply to them all...after all wasn't I the one who was complaining about ladies not replying to me?? It was the least I could do.

    By far the majority were supportive, which helped to restore my faith in human nature (and women). Only 3 were shall we say "blunt" and they blocked me from replying!! It would be nice to say that amongst those 228 replies I did find someone........but I didn't. Still, you have to learn from the experience......NEXT!!

    PS. It was a close run thing but I did answer them all before the membership ran out......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Toffee!

      Glad I'm not the only one experiencing this mad paralell universe and, I know the madness is not limited to the male species.. so it's good to hear it from the other side!

      Sorry though, that you're 228 down and still looking...it's only been 6 months though! That's a mere blink of the eye in Internet dating terms...keep the faith!

      Daisy

      Delete