Wednesday 22 August 2012

Blind Date: Cilla(3)?!

Not sure I'm impressing Blind Date! Yesterday, he told me he supported Everton and was thrilled, because they'd beaten Man United, in Monday's match...

So what did I do - ask why he supported a London rather than a Liverpool club, as he came from that part of the world! OK, OK, what I know about football could be written on the back of an FA Cup ticket (and most of that evolves around Alan Shearer's physique, because my best friend has an unhealthy obsession with him), but I genuinely thought Everton FC was in London!

Bizarrely, he still wants to meet up. Must be something to do with being a Scouser - maybe he sees himself as the next Cilla! Anyway, this is a real truly blind date! I suggested sending him a photo so he'd recognise me; he told me off for not entering into the spirit of it! Either means he's a two-headed dwarf with bad teeth and someone else's hair or maybe....and I coming round to believe the alternative...he's just a lot of fun and up for a laugh!

When pressed, our mutual friend, who is giddy with excitement that we're meeting up said he was 'fun, single, both women and men loved him and she thought he was attractive, but obviously that was for me to decide.' Good answer, and she's very choosy so wouldn't find him attractive if he was any of the above....although it's fair to say that we've both done our share of charity work, in the form of boyfriends, over the years....no, Daisy, stay positive - this whole Bind Date business IS going to be fun...

2 comments:

  1. Hiya Daisy
    Sorry I haven't posted for a few days but I was away but have caught up now with your goings on. I think I may have been a bit gung ho in my last post (and I am a bit miffed you didn't respond to it actually) but I digress!
    The point is Scousers are renowned for their wit and humour and whilst I find your posts hilarious, you may well have met your match in Blind Date. Of course only time will tell....can we rely on you to "keep the faith?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Toffee,

    Apologies - I did sort of reply by posting in response - have you read Bus Pass Man yet. If not do, and you'll see what I mean!

    Only time will tell whether Blind Mate is my match - how ironic if he was as it didn't occur to me for a moment that blogging would lead to meeting someone - but anyway I have 20 years of material to write about so, even if he turns out to be, then don't worry, I shall be posting for some time to come! You should add some stories of your own....

    Daisy

    ReplyDelete