Sunday 19 August 2012

Turkish Delight!

As views of my blog have now exceeded a 1000, in less than 2 weeks, I figure I must be writing something that many people can identify with. I'm also developing something of an international following, so thanks to all of you across the world that keep coming back. Clearly the difficulties of dating, wherever we are, is not easy.


Anyway, in light of my diverse and cosmopolitan readership I thought I'd add an international angle to my latest musings... Turkey!

For many years a great friend and I visited a tiny family run hotel in Olu Deniz where the turquoise sea sparkles and tortoises patrol the hotel grounds...along with the omnipresent Uncle - the owner of the hotel and uncle to one of the two young men that unnamed friend and I had holiday trysts with some years ago. After several glasses of retsina, we thought the 19 year old nephew of Uncle and the 32 year old restaurant manager were just what our dreams were made off...
I think I came off better on this occasion as said friend had to play hotel room hide and seek, as Uncle prowled the grounds looking for nephew, and her young buck dragged her from room to room to avoid his fearsome relative! It was a moment of, never to be repeated, madness for both of us, despite a dozen-plus holidays in the same hotel since. It did, however, ensure hours of hilarity and, even years later, when I considered buying a holiday home in this amazing country, the developers offered to throw in a free husband along with the free air-con... and I don't think they were joking!!

For some reason, I decided against the holiday home and the husband...! In those days I still believed The Love of my Life would make an appearance at some point...

Other international adventures haven't improved our romantic standards....and at some point I shall tell you about the holiday said unnamed friend and I shared in Cyprus with Tom the Predatory Pensioner but, for now, it's time to bring you bang up to date with recent events and my first weekend back on the dating scene, in earnest (...not IN Earnest)!

No comments:

Post a Comment