Saturday 18 August 2012

LA Law it isn't!

It's that time on a Saturday night when police stations across the country start getting busy, as drunks fall out of pubs and winos, who've spent the day on the pop, start banging each other over the heads with their cider bottles. Having just returned from one such establishment, I realise that, whilst concentrating on my dating shenanigans, I have neglected the legal side of my blog, but a recent trip to the police station is definitely worthy of mention.
Midway through watching a film starring my beloved Johnny Depp, I groaned as my phone rang. Late night phone calls mean one of two things - bad news or my attendance being required in a grubby police interview room somewhere in the country. LA Law it isn't! 

A client had been arrested for clocking a potential employer on the chin.
So, off I trotted to the local nick, and instead of watching Monsieur Depp in all his smouldering glory, I got to watch a short, rotund client on CCTV punching someone in the face.

The reason for his wrath - he'd been refused an interview for a job a few months earlier. Why? He'd turned up an hour early and downed several pints in a nearby pub, before the appointed hour! Note to self - never drink and interview!

I couldn't make it up....

No comments:

Post a Comment