Friday 24 August 2012

Size matters!

It really does, and no I'm not being rude! I could be, about a certain individual, but have no wish to mock the afflicted....
No the question of size is something beloved of many men who subscribe to one of the world's biggest dating sites -Match.com which, in it's wisdom, has a section were individuals can prescribe an acceptable weight range for their ideal partner, which surely, will fall foul of the Sizist police in due course?!

I totally accept that we all find different shapes and sizes of people attractive but, from the sort of ideals men prescribe, all 
it tells us is that men pay much less attention to the scales than women, and have very little idea of what their preferences would mean in reality. 

If they did, then I think they would know that a 5'10' woman who weighed 6 stone would be about as attractive as a skeletal pipe cleaner in real life.

It's a bit like the guys who go into M&S attempting to buy their wife some exciting lingerie, for under the Christmas tree, cup their hands and say to the sales assistant - 'She's about this size.' Clueless! I laughed out loud when a collegaue, who I do actually rate very highly, was considering buying his wife some boots for Christmas and asked me what size she would be.

'But I've never even met your wife, let alone discussed her shoe size, so how would I know?'

His response. 'Well, you've seen photos of her.'

I rest my case....!

But the internet dating prize for size has to go to a man from London who, after a few promising emails, asked me what size jeans I wore.....and continued, 'because if you're above a size 10, you're no good to me!' Good for what exactly?

I didn't hang around to find out.....NEXT! 

No comments:

Post a Comment