Thursday 23 August 2012

Lovely in lycra....!

Mmm....blog  views have fallen today, for the first time in its fledgling history! So please keep passing the  link on to your friends, if you're enjoying what you're reading, and if you have any special requests that you'd like me to write about in future posts, then I'm open to suggestions.....

I'm sure viewing figures will edge up as work ends, as everyone wants to discover what Daisy's been doing today...

Wasn't there a dubious film once called 'Daisy does Dallas' or something like that. Well, my day has been nowhere near as exciting as my namesake...maybe it wasn't even Daisy... God knows!

Anyway, it started early with a personal training session which hurt, a lot.

Blind Date tells me he's a part-time tennis coach. Not sure whether he's telling the truth or pretending, in order to impress me. In the interests of honesty, and not wishing him to meet me thinking I might join him in such athletic pursuits, I felt it prudent to point out that I was the most unsporty person he was ever likely to meet.

In fact, I confessed that my exercise regime consists of little more than weightlifting a wine glass and swearing at my personal trainer (the latter being a recent acquisition, to counter the effects of the former)!

One thing I would like to know is how anyone ever meets a significant other in the gym?! Unless you're Jessica Ennis, who looks stunning  in sportswear and makes running a zillion miles and winning Olympic gold look effortless, is it really going to happen?

God, when I'm swathed in Lycra, having run even one mile I look like a demented beetroot! I'm convinced that the only way to pull in the gym is to work the room rather than work the machines...which sort of defeats the object...

There was one memorable occasion when I did manage to pull after partaking in a feat of athleticism ...which...it's fair to say...went a little wrong....have I told you about the Sexy Solider yet?

Mmm...that my post for later this evening sorted...keep reading...and , thanks Toffee, for keeping commenting...would be great to hear from more of you about your experiences, or your comments on mine...

2 comments:

  1. Well Daisy, never let it be said that Toffee ducked a challenge! I would have to AGREE with you though on pulling at the gym. In my experience,I only ever seem to pull weights (maybe that's the problem?..don't people push weights??) and pints after. In any event, its very difficult to strike up a conversation when women are in their own little bubble with those earpieces they wear blocking out all attempts at communication. I think they should be banned!!
    Let's start a campaign and get people talking again both in the real and virtual world!! Are you with me on this one?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with anyone who believes in improving communication. Is a lack of it, the very reason that many relationships fail? And I also think that whilst the virtual world/on-line social networking has it's place - after the success of my blog I'm not in a position to knock it - communication should not be entirely by handheld electronic gadgetry, as it often distorts things!

    Some years ago, Mr. Dyson said that he believed that people often say things in emails/texts that they would never say to someone's face. I think that's very true and not agreat thing....anyway time to get off my soap box for now andwrite my next post!

    ReplyDelete