Wednesday 29 August 2012

Love bites!

Lonely! Well that's something I'm definitely not at the moment! Despite the lack of success in my ongoing quest for a significant other, I have an unexpected army of guests staying with me at the moment...

Unexpected and uninvited...!

Whilst I'm very sociable, and have always adopted an open house policy, I am a little choosy about the company I keep. I am therefore somewhat disturbed, after the recent visit of my time-share Labrador, that Chez Daisy appears to have become infested by a circus of dancing fleas, alongside the slug colony already inhabiting the back garden! I'll be advertising as a wildlife park, and charging an entry fee, if this carries on!

Apparently fleas prefer dogs but, as my canine compatriot has left, they've settled for a human host instead! Don't worry guys, I don't have fleas....but my house, temporarily, does! Bet Blind Date is breathing a sigh of relief at this point, that he didn't get an invite to Chez Daisy...!

Apparently, fleas are very common this year as the weather is perfect for them! Marvellous! Not only do we get rained on all Summer, but we get to share our homes with teams of blood sucking acrobats...a very different take on love bites!

Pest Control Officers are coming to rescue me soon. Maybe I could contract them separately to deal with certain men of my acquaintance...now there's a thought!

A friend who manages an environmental health team elsewhere in the country has suggested I try and catch one (a flea, not a man-she knows that's a lost cause!), so they can be sure what they're dealing with. There's about as much chance of that as there is of me catching a great bloke on recent form...!

It could only happen to me....

No comments:

Post a Comment