Saturday 11 August 2012

The Swedish Psycho Chef!

Well, having suspended my membership in the interests of my sanity I did what all self-respecting single woman looking for love are told to do....I stopped looking...but carried on living and, allegedly ' it would just happen'. Yeah, right!
A romantic possibility arose when my friend, Jane, booked us onto an Indian cookery course which involved preparing a delicious spicy feast and then enjoying it for lunch along with fellow students and tutors. The owner of the cookery school was accompanied by a sort of handsome sous chef who, seemed rather keen on me and rather keen on prolonging the festivities and regrouping in the pub that evening. Over a tikka masala, I agreed that might be fun.

So far, so good. There was one tiny problem - in his day job he was currently contracted to a project that, apparently, involved him living in Sweden during the week....mmmm...not ideal for meeting for coffee.... and Swedish Chefs...hadn't I dated enough Muppets already? However, not to be deterred by a little matter of a few hundred miles we met that night and I agreed to a further date the following weekend.

Alas, the second date was to be the last... and Swedish Chef soon became known, amongst my friends, as Pscho Chef...when, after inviting me to his place for supper, he proceeded to proudly tell me that he had once tried to set fire to a distant relative's house, with said distant relative in it, for reasons that I won't go into here... Whilst compromise is essential in a relationship and I know perfection doesn't exist this was a compromise too far - dating an arsonist-in-training as opposed to representing him at the police station went a little beyond the call of duty....NEXT!

No comments:

Post a Comment