Sunday 9 September 2012

Trouser Snakes!

Bo, the boa constrictor, has caused much hilarity and, as Suzi points out in her comment, many of us have dated snakes and, in dating terms, the word 'snakes' can have many connotations.

Without wishing to be crude, my dear friend Dylan, who is as camp as a tent peg and much more fun than camping, tells me that, when looking for love in the gay world, it is not uncommon to receive informative, chatty emails followed, without warning, by pictures of snakes of the trouser variety! His response, in his own inimitable way, is usually ' Yes, I assumed you'd got one; I don't need proof!'

Today, I am free - no work, no snakes (hopefully) and actually an impromptu date..... in a sunny pub garden in about 4 hours time.

Having spent yesterday evening with  Dylan and other great friends, Kay and Jez, who have been happily unmarried for over 20 years and find our dating exploits incredible to say the least, I shared a photo of today's paramour. After announcing he looked like a 'young Rick Stein' - I think it was the wetsuit and Cornish beach in the background that swung it - Kay said 'well, he doesn't look too bad!' I'm not quite sure at what point, positive assessments such as 'he looks great' or even the anodyne 'he looks nice', were reduced to this level. 

Personally, I have no expectations.....other than meeting his dog which he is bringing along; said dog is allegedly large, black and will most likely be very wet! I do hope that isn't an inappropriate euphemism for something else....

Anyway, off to mow the lawn before heading out - where is Lawn Mower Man when I need him?

No comments:

Post a Comment