Wednesday 12 September 2012

The Italian Job!

For those of my friends who have requested clarification of the age of the latest potential date - for these purposes, lets call him His Hotness (HH) - he is only a small amount younger than me; an amount I could live with, without feeling like Mrs. Robinson!

Talking of which, the 29 year old gardener has contacted me again and, despite asserting that he 'never chases women', has sent me several emails over the last week. After I sent him an equal number of gentle rejections, I received a further missive on Friday saying 'Won't be in touch again. I've met someone.' He may as well have added 'So there. Ya boo sucks!'' afterwards. As if I care!

This flurry of correspondence was followed by an email from 22 year old Jordan who said 'You're out of my league, but thought I'd try anyway'. Not sure about out of league; barely out of nappies would have been more appropriate. What is it with these young guys...

Talking of young men, I had a funny experience earlier this year when a lodger left at short notice. To balance the budget, I arranged to act as a host for the local language school - looking after three teenage Italian boys for a week. What I didn't know about teenage boys I certainly learnt that week. 

The comedy started when I received a letter, in advance of their visit, which, you could say, was somewhat lost in translation.

       'Dear Daisy,

    Thank you for letting us stay in your home. We are told you  like to cook and we look forward to enjoying your delicacies!!!!!
 
Best wishes ........'
 
The disconcerting use of English (and exclamation marks) set the scene for their visit....
 
After considering purchasing a gas mask to counter the clouds of cheap aftershave wafting from my bathroom each morning I was perturbed, to say the least, on arriving home from work one day, to find two16 year old boys - who had just discovered the joys of Primarni - prancing around my house in their new purchases - red, white and blue underpants emblazoned with union jacks and the bold statements such as '100% British Beef' and 'Your Country Needs You'!

The irony being that if I'd been a bloke and they were teenage girls, I'd probably have been arrested for indecency and needed a duty solicitor myself! You will be pleased to hear that they did not get to 'enjoy my delicacies', aside from the pasta and pesto type ones.....!
 

4 comments:

  1. Has it occurred to you that few sane men (or women) would be willing put themselves at risk of your ridicule via the Internet ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear anonymous,
      Has it occurred to you that you could stop reading Daisy's blog.....? My suspicion is you must therefore be one of the aforementioned encounters, bitter that you've been written about but vain enough to keep reading in case you get mentioned again. Such a shame you can't see the irony.
      S

      Delete
    2. Dear suzi & Daisy,
      I read this blog because I choose to, not as some form of self punishment as has been suggested, but for reasons which I choose not share with you or the world at large.
      Choosing to bare ones soul to the anonymous public is not something many people would view as "normal" but is a of course a matter of personal choice. Criticism as well as adulation should be expected in response.
      I do however question what exactly you hope to acheive, it seems an odd way to go about finding happiness & fulfilment which presumably is the purpose

      Delete
  2. Hello All

    Just for the record S is not Suzi, there are multiple fans of Daisy around. We read for amusement, and because like Daisy we can laugh at each other and ourselves. I think perhaps lack of sleep is making you a tad serious. Have a good nights sleep rather surfing the internet all night and SMILE.

    ReplyDelete