Friday 14 September 2012

Calm down, dears!

My ongoing musings appear to be leading to some debate which is all good. However, in the interests of public health, coupled with the fact that I don't want any fatal coronaries on my conscience, I would reiterate the words of the Prime Minister recently, 'Calm down, dears!'

I'm pleased to report that various of those I have written about are more than happy about how they've been portrayed and laughed a lot, as they understand that my whole purpose in writing is to hone my craft as a wordsmith (with the added bonus that the process is cathartic). I had lunch with Mr. Socks today, who is considering using some of my material in his latest script which sounds very funny indeed.

Also Mr. Dyson called to commend an accurate and moving portrayal of us (and was delighted that I was not too descriptive about the sight of his legs in shorts)! He also said he'd buy me supper when we meet up next week, to make up for the cost of phone calls it took to make it to our first date. I'd never told him before....!

Talking of public health, you'll be pleased to hear that Stan and Tone did a superb job of flea annihilation and I am now flea-free, so His Hotness will have nothing to worry about, should we get to the stage that he is invited back to my place. You're going to have to wait a while to find out about that one though ....

By now, those of you who don't know me may have formed the view that I am a danger to the male public health of the nation. I am very aware that I am the common denominator amidst the chaos I have described thus far and as I have demonstrated again and again in what I have written, I am ready and willing to laugh at myself as much as I laugh at the situations I find myself in.

However, I know I am not alone in such experiences and there are rafts of others out there - both women and men, I'm sure - similarly wondering why dating at a certain age and stage is so difficult?  

For my part it's the weekend and I plan to have fun as, for once, I shall not be camping at the local police station...so who knows what I'll have to report in my next post...

2 comments:

  1. Daisy, can't wait for Sinday nights post xxx. And it's not a typo,

    ReplyDelete
  2. ......a neat side step of the question as to how Mrs Dyson feels

    ReplyDelete