Tuesday 18 September 2012

Hedge Fun!

Whilst it pains me to do so, in the interest of balance I must confess that Internet dating is not all bad as it provides a platform to enhance a skill not normally found in the male of the species - multi-tasking!

In most areas of life, women are proficient multi-taskers...whilst men do not score as highly. However, when it comes to Internet dating men excel at multi-tasking, or at least multi-dating and, if they can get away with it, multi-bonking!


Such individuals hedge their bets with potential dates more successfully than the best hedge fund manager. I guess I'm a little old fashioned, as I have always operated on the principle that, if I meet someone where the attraction is mutually sufficient to want to meet again, I like to get to know them without other distractions.

However, I have decided that I need to embrace the Internet principle of hedging bets, favoured by some seasoned Internet daters (including some women), if I am to ensure my survival in the dating jungle. As such, I have a few other irons in the dating fire aside from His Hotness, who has cooled off over the last couple of days which generally means one of three things - he has remembered a wife he'd previously forgotten to mention from whom he is not as separated as he'd previously made out OR his interest in Internet friends does not extend beyond massaging his ego by chatting to women on line OR he's expert at the multi-dating approach, met someone else and not bothered to tell me.....so rude!

So the other potential dates are an IT manager (there's a glut of those on all sites - I wonder why?!) , an entrepreneurial type who, on the face of it, does appear to have all the credentials of a grown up....rare indeed....but is dangerously recently separated, a trainer (interesting - this one), a gardener (no, not the 29 year old) and a man who likes motorbikes....

So we shall just have to see what the next couple of weeks bring....as a friend said, a few years ago, when she was off skiing for a couple of weeks - whatever will have happened by the time I get back - 2 weeks in Daisy's life is like 2 years in most peoples. She wasn't wrong!


Anything could happen....so I'm off to have some hedge fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment