Thursday 27 September 2012

Tangle & Time Delay (Part 2)!

Time Delay was handsome, successful and interested...ok, he wasn't that interesting, but isn't every relationship a compromise?

Whilst he didn't mess with my electrics, in the manner of certain boyfriends past, he was worth a second date...even though on the first one I bumped into Craig - the aforementioned handsome neighbour and his lovely wife - who didn't look convinced...

I think it was something to do with the delay between questions and response....just like those phone calls we used to have with friends in far flung places before digital technology.

Anyway, having convinced myself it was what I thought that matters, not what my friends thought, I agreed to a third date. Trouble was, I didn't think that much...a nice guy but he/we didn't have that je ne sais quoi. In fact he/we didn't have a great deal in common or connection at all, aside from being the proud owners of dogs - mine recently acquired; his a more established relationship.

So it was that we decided a dog walking third date would be a great idea (with Tangle on lead, obviously). Privately, I hoped the meeting of testy terrier and well-behaved water spaniel might provide a useful talking point to make conversation easier. And might have the added benefit of teaching Tangle a few manners...

Alas, it wasn't to be. After a stressful walk with Tangle barking loudly for the duration, we got back to my place and Time Delay suggested I took off  his lead (Tangle's, not Time Delay's!)and let the dogs 'sort it out themselves'. Sadly, they did just that... Tangle leapt on his new canine acquaintance and bit his ear ... his victim scuttled under his master's chair whining pitifully with blood puring from his wound.Time Delay, quite reasonably, made his excuses and left.


Can't say I blamed him and it didn't exactly break my heart...but, being a realist, I had to acknowledge that maybe Tangle wasn't to be the aid to my lovelife I had initially hoped...that was until Paris Match saw a photo of him on my dating profile....

No comments:

Post a Comment