Monday 24 September 2012

Room with a View!

Lying on my bed in a huge suite in a Brighton seafront hotel a few days ago I was thrilled that, for once, the promised 'sea view' did not involve standing on one leg with my head poked out of the bathroom window at a precarious angle...

This particular bay windowed, channel-facing vista offered full frontal delights of Brighton at its best - a man with a paper bag over his head (with holes cut out for his eyes), two boys with trousers hanging so dangerously low that if they hadn't had their pants on we would indeed have been confronted with full frontals, a man with oversized white plastic headphones and braces pulling his trousers so high he could have passed for Simon Cowell, were it not for his massive paunch, full face of make up and the slightly odd jig he was doing back and forth along the sea front.

He reminded me of a concept that a young friend had been telling me about recently - silent discos. Apparently, these involve each participant being given a set of headphones on entry playing different music - so whilst Bill is dancing to Staying Alive, Ben might  be strutting his stuff to the Vienna Waltz. Hilarious to watch ... apparently! Of course, after a few glasses of wine, I think I'm Olivia Newton John regardless of the musical accompaniment, so always ready and willing to provide the entertainment!

I love Brighton although acknowledge it may not be the best place for me to search for a soulmate because, as our cabbie pointed out, after reassuring us that he operated a no crash policy, if you see a good looking bloke here, there's a 95% chance he's gay (and, in my view, probably a lot more fun than recent dates)!

NOTE: I have been quiet for the last few days because, aside from a houseful and a trip to the seaside,  I have apparently managed to 'corrupt' my laptop screen with a wayward glass of spilt wine. I have corrupted myself and various boyfriends with copious glasses of wine over many years; I just hadn't realised the same was possible with a computer!

No comments:

Post a Comment