Wednesday 16 January 2013

Snow flake?!


Well, the time to meet Mr. P in Paris had almost arrived and I was more than excited....We have spent several more hours chatting - thank God for Skype - and a few more pertinent facts have transpired - he is extremely well travelled, gives the impression of being extremely comfortable in his own skin and doesn't play silly games. In the words of a dear friend who I showed his photo, 'Oh my goodness, he's handsome; a real man.' I concur entirely!

Talking of friends, why is it that none of my friends are remotely surprised that I'm considering dating a man who lives quite so far away? Not only that, they're all positively excited about it. The friend of Turkish Delight fame (see earlier post) said it reminded her of about 10 years ago when I met Mr. Dyson. Reminds me of that too!

However, the perceptive amongst you may have noticed the words 'had' and 'was' in the opening sentence above...past tense. The date I had been so looking forward to has had to be rearranged. Yes just rearranged, not cancelled and, for once, with very good reason involving a sad and very personal tragedy for Mr. P and a wicked stepmother...

The end result is that, whilst Paris is no more and my £94 non-refundable Eurostar ticket hasn't turned out to be such a bargain as I thought, Mr. P will instead be spending the next couple of weeks in the UK. In fact, he is in the air heading for Heathrow, as I write, and, assuming the weather doesn't foil  aircraft landing and he doesn't turn out to be as flakey as the snow that's forcast......mmm...let the fun begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment