Wednesday 9 January 2013

Brief Encounter!

Well, the deed is done...good old Eurostar have a sale on...so even if the date is an unmitigated disaster, I haven't bankrupted myself in the process. In my view, just the fun of a day in Paris is worth £94 of anyone's money.

So a few more details about my new date....he grew up in Zimbabwe (he has a great accent and would rough it round Africa with me-my favourite place on earth!), he has a strong, kind face (that wouldn't scare small children and certainly looks good to me in a rugged 'grown up in sunny climes' sort of way!), he's not made any smutty or in appropriate comments (albeit a mutual attraction is growing all the time) and...and....maybe a few thousand miles is surmountable....any relationship that develops might even stand some chance of survival if we only see each other every few weeks!

Eight sleeps to go, as my 7 year old niece would say! Better start brushing up on my French...and if we get carried away in the excitement of it all I shan't feel bad...after all crimes of passion are defensible in France, aren't they...!? He's meeting me at Gare du Nord...it all feels very Brief Encounter and fantastically romantic. Let us hope that the date is not such a disaster that it needs to be brief in the literal sense!

No comments:

Post a Comment