Sunday 20 January 2013

Mr. Pilot!

Well, the day of the date has dawned bright and cold. Whilst the snow has held off overnight, the roads are treacherous. The major roads, however, are gritted and slightly better. I'm just hoping, in light of the obstacles to meeting we've already faced, that he will make it in one piece and our first date won't be across a bed in A&E.

To add to the litany of mishaps, my brand new boiler is on the blink so I have no heating and no hot water and had to pop round to a friend's earlier to shower. 



As I joked yesterday with Mr. P, if we still want to meet up after all this, there must be something going on between us! I like his tenacity ... it matches my own.

I also like his attitude to the 'seas, continents and miles' issue. When I mused over what we would do if we really clicked, his response 'I don't want to look back in 10 years time and regret that I may have missed out on meeting the one, just because of a few miles; geography is a hurdle to jump - not insurmountable.' He clearly hasn't realised my lack of athletic prowess and I don't think I shall enlighten him just yet...I last hurdled at school and never cleared one.

Anyway, I now have a new name for Mr. P....from now on I shall call him The Pilot, as that's what he is. He chooses to tell new people he meets that he works in metal or, more often, aluminium tubing as it amuses him to see if they can think outside the box and work out what he really does, and also avoids some of the less savoury stereotypes that are made about what certain pilots get up too on trips away.

An example of such was yesterday when I had coffee with Mr. Socks,who,apparently, is the world authority on what, in his words, 'flyboys get up too' and thinks he should 'interview' The Pilot for me as he's good at 'reading people'. As I pointed out, he's hardly a role model for enduring, successful relationships...I think I'll judge this one for myself! 

Just two hours to go until we meet; I live in hope that this one doesn't end with a crash landing...

No comments:

Post a Comment