Saturday 19 January 2013

Mr. P or not Mr. P!

Well, Mr. P and I are finally in the same country, some 4 weeks after he first emailed me. Our tentative liaison is unusual in that, whereas internet based meetings are often very fast - dates being arranged within hours of first contact - ours, by necessity has been different. I have already spent a month getting to know him. I hope it will make our first meeting much less nerve wracking.

He called me as soon as he landed and has spent the last 48 hours dealing with the aforementioned wicked step mother less than 50 miles away (as opposed to several thousand, a few seas and at least two continents away), a fact that is strangely reassuring.

In theory we are planning to meet tomorrow; in practice the snow may foil us again. If we still get to meet after family tragedy, cancelled trains, the worst snow since records began, not to mention the miles, seas and continents then I shall take that as a sign of good things to come. The man has tenacity, I'll give him that; crikey, The Young Rick Stein couldn't even make it to a pub ten minutes from his house!

I have to confess to being very excited about this date and almost as convinced as Mr. P seems to be, that this has promise. Just over 24 hours to go and if a first date leads to a second then I think I shall have to dream up a new sobriquet for him as, increasingly, I'm beginning to think that Mr. P makes him sound like a man with an unfortunate urinary complaint! I think this one definitely deserves better! Tomorrow will tell...

1 comment: