Sunday 27 January 2013

Movie Star?!

Well readers, incredibly, the lack of red flags continues to prevail. No, I can't believe it either but it's true. The weekend of discovery (and debauchery ;-)!) with The Pilot was everything we both hoped for....so much so that I have decided he is worthy of an even newer sobriquet. Going forward he shall be known as LP (short for The Lovely Pilot...because he is!)
 
A lovely lazy weekend in the middle of nowhere with an amusing Saturday morning spent chatting to two couples we met in a local coffee shop - one couple in particular were hilarious - married for 52 years and a double act that should have had their own TV show. They were enthralled by our manner of meeting and Alan (the husband of this amazing partnership) said he fancied trying Internet dating himself. I pointed out he may have to jettison his wife first, which she thought would be a marvellous idea; she'd already earmarked the shed in their new home for him anyway!

They were adamant that LP was a dead ringer for an erstwhile American matinee idol of the silver screen era who died young - Geoffrey Chandler (see photo - it's of GC, not LP, in case you were wondering), but there's definitely similarities...it's the dimples, wide mouth (and the nose)! And if Liz Jones - Columnist of the Year 2012 - has a Rock Star I like the idea of having my own Movie Star (even if only a lookalike)!

The only problem is that if he continues to inspire and excite me in the way that he does, then what on earth am I going to blog about....?

I'm sure I'll find something...after all, I'll need to amuse myself whilst LP is busy a few thousand miles away. He flys home tomorrow, so until we meet in Paris in two weeks time, I shall have to keep myself out of mischief somehow...
 

1 comment:

  1. So how exactly do you see this situation developing ? Are you planning to emigrate ?

    ReplyDelete