Sunday 4 November 2012

Life of crime!

I spent most of this weekend working. After my brief incarceration on Saturday, I spent most of today dealing with individuals at various police stations across the county - the most noteworthy being a man who dropped his trousers midway through interview to show the interviewing officers the bite marks on his backside before swearing, on the life of his water dragon, that he was telling the truth. Yes, really!

Well, in light of the slightly unbelievable account he was giving about the alleged offence, it was probably preferable he was swearing on the life of his pet rather than anyone more significant!

I do sometimes wonder what life is all about. Prone to over analysis, I often drive home in the early hours from bizarre interviews under caution wondering whether this is what the rest of my life is going to amount too - listening and advising others on incidents arising out of the most basic of human frailties.

Whilst, for the most part, I try and laugh about the absurdity of it all, it would be lovely to know that sometime someone would actually give a damn about whether I make it home after another long night or not... Crikey, if the photo is anything to go by...even water dragons come in pairs!

For now, I must go and advise in the curious case of a missing washing line (and washing)!

The work of a criminal lawyer is never done (and rarely ever dull)!


No comments:

Post a Comment