Monday 31 December 2012

Happy New Year!

One last post before we wave goodbye to 2012 and welcome in the New Year. In my case it will be with good friends, champagne and a smile on my face...for once!

Despite some tumultuous times over the last year, it has ended well with interesting changes in my career, all my friends still alive and well, and a new and interesting turn of events on the dating front....

Remember that glass of champagne I poured at the end of the last post...well, the accompanying email led to a few more, which led to copious texts and finally several hours on the phone to the man who lives a few seas, a continent or two and several thousand miles away...

I appreciate that, due to logistics, a quick Starbucks is out of the question and my mother may well be concerned that I'm setting myself to be sold into domestic slavery in a foreign land. She needn't worry - if the new potential date has any aspirations in that direction he'll soon realise that he will be giving a refund to potential purchasers. A domestic goddess I'm not!

What I am, is a little bit excited and, as aforestated, I only go on dates that I'm excited about these days! For the time being, and for reasons I shall not divulge at present, I shall call him Mr. P!

Mr. P likes champagne, 'works in metal' (literally or metaphorically, I shall let you guess) and travels a lot for business and pleasure, is a little older than me with (thankfully) grown up children and we get on well...at a distance at least... I have every confidence that when we meet we're bound to fall hard and fast for each other as the geographical complications would make the situation ...err... difficult to say the least! You know me...never one to make life easy for myself...but it's surely never dull!

So as 2012 passes into 2013 I shall raise a glass to my friends, life, Mr. P and readers of my blog...I hope that the new year will be as eventful as the last, with a few less rip curls along the way....but just enough to keep you all reading. Until then....Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment